At Poetic Asides it’s Two For Tuesday. Our assignment today was to: Write a possible poem. Write an impossible poem.
Having just finished the prompt for NaPoWriMo, nothing left in this world is impossible to me today. Here me Two For Tuesday presentation.
She dreamed on paper,
A girl from corn fields,
Come from simple folk
Without aspirations of
Greatness or fame.
She dreamed of a time
When time itself would
Stand still and show her
A future placed on paper
For her delight.
She worked to live and hold
On to those wishes and dreams
From days gone by when few
Could believe that dreams
Held magic within them.
She risked all for a chance
To dream on paper and find
A place between covers holding
Stories that flickered behind
Her eyelids within each moment.
She smiled when dreams and
Their possibilities birthed
A new life in and for her when
Others scoffed and deemed her
Too old to begin anew.
He showed them his
Model with its wooden
Rigging, wheels and wings.
They laughed and brushed
Him off as crackpot, dreamer,
Though his ideas brought smiles.
He showed them how their
Bodies worked in great detail;
They grew angry with disbelief.
He explained the world to
Listeners with vision and heart;
Left behind mastery and dreams.
Centuries passed though his
Knowledge, imaginings held
Through years of war’s struggles.
Only after much strife could
His legacy fall to those who would
See his visions made real and true.
Only then did impossibility lose its
Strangle hold on one man’s futuristic
Ambitions to show the world a genius.
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 8 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 15 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 12 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 16 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013: Day 1 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 10 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 14 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 7 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 13 (2voices1song.com)