Yes! Day 7 is here. A whole week of excitement. Did I mention the poets I have recently discovered? The wonderful NaPoWriMo community on Facebook? No I haven’t. Well, I am now. Better late than never, right?
Today’s prompt is to write a “declarative” poem. The idea is that all but the last line of the poem need to be single declarative statements. The last line is supposed to be a question.
By The Powers Vested In Me
By: Meena Rose
Sometimes genuine people lose authenticity in close proximity.
But dessert before dinner is fine every once in a while.
Not worrying about time is healthy even as it flies.
We constantly balance what to hold on to and what to let go.
The ebb and flow of the planet drives our primordial urge.
The variety of us, humans, excites me.
Yet some agree to disagree or disagree till all oxygen is spent.
Music breaks language barriers as we revel in our unity.
We have more in common than out of common.
Why does mankind disagree?
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 6 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo and PAD Together Again (2voices1song.com)
- Two Cinquains: NaPoWriMo (inkyhighwayoasis.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013, Day 1 (tammypatterson.wordpress.com)
- #AprilPrompts – Day 4 – Sin – #Haiku – #NaPoWriMo | Donna L Sadd (warmuppoems.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013: Day 3, ‘Little House on the Prairie’ (o2bheavenlyminded.wordpress.com)