Here we are – Day 2. Day 1’s poetry went off without a hitch. Today is promising to be equally fruitful. Over at NaPoWriMo, we are being asked to write a poem that tells a lie or is made up of all lies.
I will admit that this is not the most fluid poem I have ever written. It is somewhat stunted as all lies are in the eventuality of time.
By: Meena Rose
You are just not good enough.
Stop right now.
I will tell on you – you’re
Not good enough;
A dreamer – devoid of
Reality, actually you’re emotional;
Yes. That is it.
That is exactly why
You must color inside the line;
Keep looking straight ahead -
Walk the straight and narrow
On a proscribed path which
Offers no detours or bypasses;
A path of confined mediocrity
In the name of human advancement.
- April Poetry Challenges Have Begun (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2/30# Extracts (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)
- 1st Day of NaPoWriMo challenge ( Poem: “A little more time” ) (njpoems.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo…Here I Come (howfarhownear.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 1/30# Extracts (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013, Day 1 (tammypatterson.wordpress.com)
- Starting Monday – NaPoWriMo 2013 (thespiritedquill.wordpress.com)