Hello, everyone. I know I’m two days late, but packing up a household will make for that situation. I’m taking a few minutes to come with a small offering from the Conservatory. Poetic Bloomings asked us this week to tell of our ancestry, our roots. In this–Part 10–of the Memoir Project, PB is taking us back to where our personal family stories began.
I hope you enjoy it and will consider doing one of your own. Have a great rest of the week.
Recipe for Self
Grind emerald into moss
Taken from the little people,
Add leaves from tartan greens,
Mix with “Saxon via Hastings”
For the perfect blend of flavors;
On the side take Native civilization
With a thing for alphabets and toss;
Add dressing with sea’s tang
For the journey to the table,
And enjoy the resulting dish.
- Walking and Stalking in Hastings (and St Leonards, actually!) (dianajhale.wordpress.com)
- 1066 and All That (ergonom3.wordpress.com)
- Norman Conquest: An Interactive Day-by-Day Retelling of the Events (techlearning.com)
- Poetic Bloomings Begins Memoir Series (2voices1song.com)
- Obsessions and Observances (2voices1song.com)
- Poetic Bloomings Tackles the Ultimate Subject (2voices1song.com)
- Make-up Poetry for Times Missed (2voices1song.com)
- Short answer for Poetic Bloomings (briarcat.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Blooms – Prompt #72 (poeticbloomings.com)
- Tourism Ireland and Ancestry.ca Announce Upcoming Collaboration to Promote The Gathering Ireland 2013 (eogn.com)